Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tired and I need Café

It's playoff time, and I am super tired from staying up to around 2 am watching the hawks lose to the canucks.  What sucks is that the first two games are in Vancouver and the time difference is 4 hours, so last night the game didn't start here in 11:30 pm.  I bought NHL Gamecenter, because the other free website I was using was very laggy(video skipped often, for you computer illiterate people) every third game and was unwatchable.  This is for Lord Stanley's Cup, I don't mind spending the $20 for this month to watch my hawks in the playoffs.  In addition it is in HD.

One small thing to add, I don't know if I have already stated this, however, you would think that Chilean's would love good old fashion coffee or café(ka fe).  Colombia, which tell me if I'm wrong is like the coffee center of the world, right?  Well it is really close.  I mean Peru is the only country in the middle of Chile and Colombia, which Peru is only one hour from here. However(after my geography lesson), this is absolutely false, Chilean's do not like traditional coffee, or at least our 'traditional' coffee. They drink instant coffee. At first in Santiago, I didn't even drink it after trying it, however, I need caffeine, and it's free here in the teacher's lounge... (spoke to an Argentine friend while writing this, they drink 'normal' coffee in argentina, it must be a Chilean thing for instant coffee)

Beginning to realize I am a slave to nicotine and caffeine.

Took some pictures this morning of Buenos Días, 15 minutes before every class day they read about their patron saint.  Every class has their own saint, for example ours(Chistopher's homeroom) is St. Francis of Assisi.  On Fridays, it's a bigger occasion and they dress up in robes and either act out, or for example during our class' turn for Buenos Días, I read, in english, the prayer of St. Francis(which is my favorite).  I read it after they acted out a scene specifically related to St. Francis(ie the robes).

Photo of the little guys. Yes they are cute in their 'cola'(line).

Next shot of the students.

And the last shot of the students during Buenos Días.

And for full effect, if the pictures are not enough, a video. I like videos you get more of the feel.
The last part the students with the green folders are the ones who are doing the Buenos Días.

Here is the photo taken from the highest point in the school of Arica. The Library, in which my classroom is in the second story.

No comments:

Post a Comment