Saturday, April 2, 2011

1st Weekend in Arica, Many Pictures

So, Chilean's don't go out until midnight and stay out until 5 am.  My head teacher and I leave to go out to the 'centro' or downtown area.  I am already quite familiar with it as I explored it earlier in the day.  Christopher joked with me and said that I would be done exploring in 20 minutes.  He was right, however, we started the night off in a cool place with a band and pitchers were cheap.  It was getting loud, because of the band and we had to yell to communicate so we went to a mexican bar.  They had kareoke, stayed for a beer, I sung Metallica, they all went nuts.  Apparently all chileans love metallica and 80's music whether it is Michael Jackson or 80's Metal.  Christopher said Metallica has come to chile a few times and sold out 80,000 plus shows, so I guess, yea they are pretty big. Anyway it was getting kinda late and bars were closing, except this one, so we get in and 2 girls ask us to sit with them.  They are both Peruvians, one has a rockin body and Christopher begins talking to her, shes nuts.  Yelling come here Papi to me and being a complete mollusk.  I put in my Kareoke song, shine, and Christopher finds out this girl is not a girl. Haha, yea I know right....  So he immediately goes up to leave, motions to me to come here, and I felt bad tehy just bought us beers, my song is coming, I'll buy this girl and... uh 'trany?' a beer.  She wouldn't stop like trying to hop on my lap and what not, but after I sung my song, I bolted.  Haha. Oh I hope crazy stuff like this happens every weekend.

On a side note, they don't have stages for kareoke, or like places to sing, usually people just sit or the good ones walk around and kinda entertain you.  I was air guitaring and rocking out, don't worry.

Here are some pictures I took of the city. Chicago is very clean compared to Arica.  Not that there is a lot of garbage, but its just sooo dusty(in the driest desert in the world).

 So dusty, I don't know how long it's been there.

 Colorful House.

Bar/Pub, for all Simpson fans.

Another cool colored house. 

Downtown, 21 de mayo, Street. 

2.50 for a 'completo', yes thats a hot dog. I can see my buddy 
Dinger cringing at the look at that mayonnaise. But yes
Thats mayo on top of like a sauce of Avocado, on top of tomatoes.

Another side street of downtown. 

 Cathedral of San Marcos.

I think this is a Museum, but I don't know. 

 Back of the Cathdral of San Marcos, with the Morro de Arica in the background. 

This is to make Duewerth jealous, because of Palm Trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment