Friday, April 8, 2011

¡Say Whiskey! You're my BFF

Kids...

Well Some more pictures of the kid's desks, again stating that our society is very powerful here in Chile.

Marilyn Monroe, Amy Winehouse?, Avril, Eminem.

I couldn't tell you an Amy Whinehouse song, but I think that is her...

Obviously my kind of music: Metallica, System, Apocalyptica.


This is what the girls wear at school. As an art admirer, I love this.
This was done by a girl named Laura, She is the one on the far right.(gringa)
She is from Finland, and is here on an exchange program. I think they are all 14.

Well yesterday we had like school Foro or Forum for school president.  So grade 4th and up go the gym for this forum.  And all the students who want to be on the ballet must go up the 'stage' and answer questions from the teachers and students.  They students were really receptive and cheered/went nuts after most of the person spoke.  I don't know if this was a joke... Anyway, they really went nuts when one girl mentioned.  'No lo es un colegio, lo es una familia', translating to 'this is not a school, this is a family'.  Some of the students gave a standing O.  Haha I was going nuts, because I thought this was the coolest thing. For our student government, we had posters on the walls, and it was basically a popularity contest. Now I don't exactly remember what the student council does here, as I had to run to the teacher's lounge to grab my camera, as I make it a habit to not have it on me, when I want to take pictures...

Anyway here are some photos from the forum:

Students, in the never used gym.

The stage, yes with microphones, and yes with oil barrels cut in half to support it.

One last photo for the day:

Doing English lesson.  BFF caught my eye. When I asked the student
how she knew BFF, she looked at me like I was dumb, and said 
'What? Best Friend Forever?' 

No comments:

Post a Comment