Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Exploring Cordoba

After a long week at Portillo with my sister, I hope she writes the blog, as I have asked her too, I spent the majority of monday, from 11 am to 6 am to tuesday on a bus from Santiago, Chile to Cordoba, Argentina. Yes 18 hours on a bus. Wasn't too bad I still wasn't caught up on sleep, saw a weird movie about people in spaceship putting a bomb in a dying star... Other than that I met a few Americans traveling back to Cordoba from Santiago, they are studying abroad there for the summer.  Met a nice couple from Ireland as well, and a guy my age that parents are Argentinian and lived in Minnesota and Wisconsin. He is lives in Buenos Aries so Hopefully I'll have another person to hang out with while in BsAs. So the bus was not too bad, We stopped after 3 hours for a break, and 7 hours at the border, and the another in Mendoza. The last 10 hours we basically didn't stop but it was late as it was bed time.
 
View of the Andes from the bus, on my way into the mountains.



The buses are like big greyhound buses, I was in a semi-cama, which is semi-bed bus.  Where it reclines almost all the way so it is a tad bit more comfortable. Took a nap until 10, I went and explored Cordoba. Pictures will speak for themselves.

Lomo Completo, I went to a Cafe, it was delicious, In chile they don't put lettuce or tomatoes on their Lomito sandwiches, also there's an egg on their and ham.

Quilmes, National beer of Argentina, like Miller or Bud in the US. 
Their Plaza, Plaza de San Martin.

Cathedral located right in the Plaza de San Martin.

As you can see from the last four pictures, they do have coblestone road near the downtown/plaza.  Reminds me a lot of Spain, compared to Santiago or Arica. The Architecture as well has an old colonial feel to it. But I didn't take pictures of modern buildings, it is a mix of  both.
A picture from the inside of one of the university's Jardin. Which is is obviously like the open part in the middle of the school.
Motos. They are parked everywhere, apparently that is one of the more popular ways to travel in Cordoba, I didn't see too many motorcycles in Chile[Santiago, Iquique, Arica].
Not bad for the first day in Argentina, the Argentinians speak a little different and it's hard to understand, as I am accustomed to Chilean Spanish...

No comments:

Post a Comment