Monday, February 28, 2011

Application Process

The application process for the Chile's Open Door's Program was pretty simple experience.  With a few attachments and e-mails back and forth it was completed within weeks.  You can find the program here.  The application process included transcripts from the university, photos for a visa and a photo for the host family, a copy of your passport, and a resume. It is also encouraged to have a TEFL certification, in which I recently got certified and attached that document as well. After completing the application, the next step was a phone interview.  I was expecting to be interviewed by a Chilean, however I was interviewed by a team member who was from Ohio(in Chile working).  The phone interview to me was more to see if you were a real, able person for teaching.  Basically it was for information on the program.  However, if you are expecting to take a trip of this sort, most of the information was already posted on their website.  The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes, but could have been longer or shorter depending on the questions you asked and your knowledge of the program already.  During the phone interview I was informed that I wouldn't be able to enter the program if I wanted to leave one week earlier to catch a friend's wedding.  I was also informed that they were trying to make the program for both semesters not just the first semester of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment